Branding your Small Business
The power of branding is everything. What do you want your company to be known for? What are your company’s values? What qualities do you want customers to associate your company with? Your company’s brand answers these questions and more.
The Importance of Branding
Branding is just as important for small businesses as it is for big companies. Once customers have a certain idea of what your company entails in their heads, it’s hard to change their perspective. Brand not only creates loyal customers but also loyal employees. Brand gives employees something to believe in, something to stand behind and it helps them understand the purpose of the business. The same is true for customers. Customers want to buy and/or use a service from a company they trust and share similar values with.
5 Branding Tips
- Define your brand. Think about how you want to be remembered.
- Establish a “voice” for the company. Will you post memes? Witty comments? Or will your voice have a more formal tone to it?
- Make decisions based on your values. Decisions that aren’t easy to make can usually be settled once you take a step back and recall your company’s values.
- Stay consistent with your brand promise. Consistently is key. Customers might not remember all the good things you’ve done, but they sure will remember once you break your brand promise to them.
- Gather feedback from customers. What do customers think of your company? Is your brand coming across well or does it need a bit of work?
Taking the time to plan your brand strategy goes a long way. A good brand strategy will deliver a clear message, confirm your credibility, emotionally connect your target prospects with your product and/or service, will motivate the buyer to buy, and create customer loyalty.