How to Utilize Instagram to its Full Potential as a Brand
Most businesses have an Instagram account, but are they using the platform to its full potential? After all, signing up for a great social media platform does not mean you know what to do with it. For instance, If you give an amateur a Sony Mirrorless Ultra HD Digital Camera it may as well be one of those Kodak disposable cameras. Instagram is a great tool for business but only if they use it properly. Here are a few tricks of the trade that can help you optimize your own Instagram brand profile.
- Posting at the right time. Companies that are new to social media may not know when is the right time to post is. This is important because depending on the time, you’re able to generate the most engagement. Although optimal times for posting can vary from day to day, before and after work hours are generally the best. Lunchtime (11am-1pm) is also an optimal time because what do people do while eating? They browse through their phones.
- Keep an eye on the frequency of content. Consistency is important, but quality over quantity is more important. Top brands only post about 5-8 times a week, and they really pay attention to the brand’s aesthetic.
- Have a call to action. You’ve got Instagram users on your profile, now what? Using hashtags or having posts that ask your followers to do something is important. Increasing engagement subsequently increases followers and brand recognition.
- Use your bio to tell your story. If you have an interesting bio, tell it. An interesting story is often the deciding factor between whether someone will follow you or not so make sure you use your bio wisely, as it’s the first thing potential followers will see.
- Use a tag or two. Tagging people is a way for a brand to seem more personable. Followers feel special when they are pointed out by a brand. Tagging is a good form of engagement that’s simple to do.
Any business that joins Instagram knows that they can count themselves among many, so it is extremely important to stand out. Apply these tips and utilize Instagram to the fullest.