Marketing checklist for new entrepreneurs
Many entrepreneurs are so eager to get their business off the ground, that they end up skipping over some steps that will help them run their business better. Luckily, we have compiled a short checklist of essential marketing points to keep in mind when launching a new enterprise.
- Strategically Chose a Company Name- choosing a name that reflects your startup may be difficult but it’s one of the most important parts of the process. The right business name can establish prestige or elude to mystery, depending on your product or service a name can help or hinder your momentum. The secret to choosing a great business name, is to pick a name that can stand the test of time, something that’s simple but will be memorable 10 years down the line.
- Write a Mission Statement- many businesses skip this step because it doesn’t seem as important as other aspects of starting a business. As trivial as it may seem, a mission statement is what gives every new company direction. By writing down a plan for your company, you never lose sight of your original goals. As a company grows, it’s good practice to have staff and management remember what was in mind from the start.
- Install Web Analytics Software- the primary function of web analytics is to analyzing the behavior of visitors to a website. The use of web analytics is said to enable a business to attract more visitors, kick your business off right by simply using Google’s free analytics services.
- Set Up Google Alerts- be the first to know about updates in your industry by setting up Google alerts with key words or phrases. No new business owner should be out of the loop with industry news.
- Find a Mentor- starting a business does not have to be so hard when you have someone to walk you through the ins and outs of the industry, it’s highly recommended that new owners seek out a mentor for sage advice.
New business owners have a lot on their plate as they try to catch their bearings, hopefully our checklist gets every entrepreneur back up to speed and on the road to success.