Understanding Outdoor Advertising
So you wanna know about outdoor advertising. Let’s start with the most coming form: billboards. Billboards are one of the most popular forms of advertising in the United States due to their high visibility rate, and most companies like to include them in their media budget. In a recent study done by Trailerad, they found that 98% of people see outdoor billboard ads daily or weekly. Half of them mentioned that outdoor ads influence their buying decisions.
While some may assume billboards are ineffective in today’s age, that’s actually far from true. In fact, they have an ROI of 497% and are expected to have a 10% annual growth rate throughout 2021.
The possibilities are endless and the rates are varied depending on the type, size, and location of the board. Technological advancements have made digital boards very common and much more affordable nowadays. With digital boards, individual advertisers share the overall media cost by purchasing blocks of time during which ads rotate on a cycle throughout the day.
Types of Billboards
- 6-Sheet Billboards – these are the smallest outdoor billboards, with a dimension of 1.8 meters by 1.2 meters.
- 16-Sheet Billboards – these billboards dwarf an average person, with a dimension of 3.048 meters by 2.032 meters. This billboard is used where most people are passing-by to attract their attention and convert them into instant customers.
- 32-Sheet Billboards – these billboards are commonly displayed outside the store to catch the attention of the shoppers. It has a dimension of 3.048 meters by 4.064 meters.
- 48-Sheet Billboards – these billboards are commonly found on the side of the road, and it has a dimension of 3.048 meters by 6.096 meters.
- 96-Sheet Billboards – these billboards are the largest, with a dimension of three meters by 12 meters.
Cost of Billboards
There is no definite answer when it comes to the cost of billboards. There are many factors that play a part in determining the final cost: size, location, amount of time there, digital vs static. The best thing to do is to decide on the design and necessary location and go from there.
If your company is looking to expand into outdoor advertising, contact TriSpark Media. Our talented team of marketers will get your outdoor advertising to where you want it to be.